This is the changelog of Hero Defense: Haunted Island.
Please visit our Steam Community Forum and tell us what you think.
Version 1.4.2 - New endless Maps
- Undead Necropolis and Cobweb Forest are now available as endless maps.
- Fixed an issue where some of the stars in the Halloween campaign would not be rewarded correctly.
Version 1.4.1 - The DLC stays
- Halloween campaign is now always available.
- It is unlocked after the defeat of Count Necrosis (the next time when entering the village after that)
- Every map has 4 Difficulty settings, insane is much harder than before.
- Every map has 3 Map Challenges.
- Increased possible Star Amount to 104.
- The poison rune will now have a chance to be found in runebags.
- Fixed naming of Hero Strike rune.
- Fixed Bosswaves not showing their abilities in the Wavebar.
- Fixed Pause label staying on screen if a session is ended.
Version 1.4.0 - Free Halloween DLC
- New Minicampaign with 12 new Maps.
- 2 new Creeptypes, Spiders and flying Pumpkins.
- 1 new Boss, the Queen of the Hive
- 1 new Endboss for the Campaign, the nefarious flying Halloween Spirit.
- Flying Pumpkins drop Candies that can be merged into the new Legendary Rune
- New legendary Rune: Poison
- New Creep Abilities: Zig Zag, Spawn Creeps on Hit, Spawn Creeps on Death
- The Halloween Campaign uses a new Difficulty system, making difficulty dependent on the Players Power.
- Fixed some issues in the Multiplayer Code that could result in weird behaviour.
- Fixed Worldmap button sometimes not being shown in the Victory Screen and Escape Menu.
- Fixed Map Restriction so its not possible an longer to jump over maps.
- Fixed issue that could cause System to drop down to 10fps without an apparent reason.
- Fixed issue where Low Graphics settings would not boost performance as much as they should.
- Fixed issue where some enemies would turn pink at the end of the map.
- Re-worked Map Loading. This makes the game more stable.
- Re-worked Abilities. This also makes the game more stable.
- Improved animations for Revive Ability.
Version 1.3.1 - Balancing Overhaul
- Improved Insane balancing for all Maps - now they all have a bigger, more equal challenge level!
- Improved hard balancing on all map - reduced the amount of unfair waves and made wavesets more interesting and tactical.
Version 1.3.0 - Lava Falls Release & Hero Selection switching
- Added new Co-Op Survival map - The Lavafalls bring a new assymetric coop experience to Hero Defense - test you mettle in the hardest Co-Op map we've released so far.
- Added Hero Cycling - You can now use [Tab] and [CapsLock] to cycle through the activated heroes. This allows you to use a steam controller much better!
- Improved Insane balancing for Zombie garden, Chapel, Village Gates and Cemetary
- Fixed Gold rewards on Hotel and Village Gates
- Fixed required Player Power for early maps.
- Fixed "He is here" Achievement showing up far too late in the game.
- Fixed the map button sometimes not being shown in the Pause Menu.
- Fixed the Depth of Field effect on Skullriver.
- Fixed various crash issues.
Version 1.2.6 - Bug Fixes & Balancing
- Sam & Jack’s Heroic Strike now function for a shorter but more intense duration
- Shrines that were generated randomly for replays are no longer selected at random
- Improved balancing on Hard and Insane mode for Village Gate and Cemetery
- Fixed an issue with Jane's Heroic Strike so it is no longer bugged in Co-op mode
- Fixed an issue with Jane's Heroic Strike not ‘chaining’ properly
- Fixed a bug causing health bars to loose visibility when alt-tabbing at launch
- Fixed a bug causing the tutorial to break when alt-tabbing to another window
Version 1.2.5 - Bug Fixes & Heroes Strike
- Added the Heroe's strike rune to the Standard PvP Account.
- From now on, PvP accounts will not be reset with each new Season.
- Re-balanced Heroes Strike runes to make them more usable.
- Fixed Tutorial Introduction breaking when the App loses focus.
- Fixed overlapping menues when accepting Friend Invites.
- Fixed the darkended Background sometimes getting stuck when accepting Friend Invites.
- Fixed targeting of Hero Strikes in PvP and Coop.
- Fixed chaining of Hero Strikes (now their duration is increased when more than one is activated)
- Fixed effects being played for Jane's Hero Strike.
- Improved visuals of Jack and Sam's Hero Strikes
Version 1.2.4 - Bug Fixes & Multiplayer Improvements
- Reduced Lifes in PvP to 1 - this enables you to try and RUSH your opponent.
- Added a persistent count of matches played - this allows you to see higher difficulties and maps the longer you play.
- Maps and difficulties are now selected based on the weaker player, instead of randomly, like it was before.
- Fixed an issue where the Hero UI would sometimes stop updating the Heroes status.
- Fixed a bug in the tutorial, where the Worldmap would send you back to the town, even after you've already been there.
- Fixed a variety of freeze bugs.
- Fixed calculation of "Reduce Charge cost" Runes.
Version 1.2.3 - Bug Fixes & Heroes strike
- Fixed an issue where the Mimics in Endless mode and Co-op could get stuck in the Wavebar.
- Fixed an issue where tabbing out of the game during Multiplayer matches could cause heroes to vanih.
- Improved selectability of hero portraits ingame.
- Fixed Jack and Sams Heroes strike so they do not freeze the heroes in place.
- Fixed Wyldes heroes strike not working for some players in the co-op mode.
- Jack and Sam now wait for new creeps if they killed everyone instead of wasting their shots.
Version 1.2.2 - Bounty Hunt Removal
Summer Bounty Hunt
- The Summer Bounty Hunt is over! Thanks everybody for participating and killing almost 20 Mio. creeps!
- Fixed an issue with the Gold on Hit rune limiters.
Version 1.2.1b - Pirate Bounty & Bug Fixes
Summer Bounty Hunt
- We've added the "Pirate Bounty" Map - a special event map where you have to defend against hordes of sea-faring creep.
- We fixed the Live ticker sometimes blocking Pop ups.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Castle level to stop working.
- Fixed a visual issue in the Watermill map.
- Fixed a shrine position on the Mines map.
- Fixed playernames sometimes being wrong when a friend was invited.
- Fixed several typos and grammar issues.
Version 1.2.1 - Bug Fixes and Co-Op improvements
Summer Bounty Hunt
- We've set the basis for some new challenges in the hunt - stay tuned!
- We've added another balancing step to the Co-Op balancing. Now you can already play it with only your first 3 heroes!
- We've increased the rewards that are given out in Co-Op - that means more XP and more Gold for you!
- Added a new map to the Rotation - the "Mines"
- Added a "Twitch" button to link to the Dev stream when it is online.
- Fixed some typos in the texts.
- Fixed potential blocker after aborting the Intro tutorial in the wrong spots.
- Fixed some issues in the matchmaking - it should work better and more reliable now.
- When accepting a friend invite from a running multi player match, the player will now resign.
- Shoo-ed away the werwolfs that were popping up on the cemetery without being invited.
Version 1.2.0 - Summer Bounty Hunt
Summer Bounty Hunt
- The Summer Bounty Hunt has started! It goes on until the end of the Steam Summer Sale
- The whole community works together to achieve goals together - awesome ingame rewards or event additional Hero Defense Keys or the precious RAZER TICKETS giving access to the big hardware raffle in the end!
- Players now share their Orbs - better teamplay and more diverse rune builds are now possible!
- Added an easy and hard difficulty, so players on different power levels get good challenges.
- Fixed how UI Scale were calculated.
- Fixed random seed generation for Wave seeds
- Fixed some issues that could happen when the paue menue was opened on some times.
Version 1.1.0 - Co-Op Mode released!
- Added Co-Op Mode with new special "Skullriver" Map.
- Added Friend Invite feature to directly invite Steam friends to unranked PvP or Co-Op Matches.
- Added Unranked PvP against friends.
- Locked Bank in ranked PvP as it cannot be ued.
- Fixed Shrines on first plays of Rift.
- Added a theft protection for gold - gold can now only be stole if it was not collected for 2 seconds.
- Reduced strength of fast Waves on Chapel medium map.
- Added tactical pause - using LEFT CTRL the game can now be paused, while still being able to issue commands.
- Added Hotkeys to ingame tooltips.
- Fixed "Toogle Gamespeed" Hotkey not showing properly on button.
- Fixed the Tooltip for the "Multiplayer" Button in the town.
- Included "Jump attack" damage from Jane in the damage calculations on the statistics screen.
Version 1.0.1 - Pure skill multiplayer
- Changed season progression to a pure skill system - no skillpoints are given out and gold is not persistent.
- Activated Spells to be bought for gold.
- Added "Hall of Fame" Alltime leaderboard for the Multiplayer.
- Improved Cheat detection.
- Fixed an issue where endless orb farming was possible.
- Adjusted some timings.
- Fixed flickering path announcer.
- Changed order of information on cemetery
- Added game pause at the beginning of cemetery.
- Improved camera positions when rescuing barrows.
- Fixed some worldmap issue that could cause blocker.
- Fixed issue where the highlights in the academy would be over other elements.
- Fixed positioning of hand for skillpoints.
- Added endless balancing for Castle Garden.
- Added zoom functionality.
- Added full italian translation.
- Added full portuguese translation.
- Fixed positioning of tooltips.
- Fixed being punished vignette not showing properly.
- Fixed Slayer of Giants achievement.
- Fixed game being paused in shrine build menu.
- Fixed Punishment UI sometimes not dissapearing when the session ends.
- Fixed several typos.
Version 1.0.0 - Transition into Full Release
- Completely overhauled the Tutorial Experience.
- The new Tutorial is much more story driven and less "Tutorial-esque"
- It also features the epic nefarious laugh of Count Necrosis.
- Overhaul of german Localization to fix typos and weird grammar.
- Added full spanish Localization.
- Added full french Localization.
- Added missing russian Localization texts.
- Added partial portuguese translation.
- Added Anouncer to announce the last wave to the players.
- Added the first Multiplayer achievements.
- Added "Opponent UI" - this shows the current state of the enemies heroes, giving you a much better basis to decide your punishments upon.
- Updated the Map Pictures in the Versus Screen.
- Reduced strength of Champions.
- Fixed broken Balancing on the Swamptown map.
- Fixed Story sequence in the Watermill Map.
- Adjusted Balanincg of Watermill map to use the whole map.
- Overhaul of Vampire Boss abilities, they should now be much more interesting.
- Fixed story sequence on the Mine map and adjusted balancing to provide more challenge.
- Added BORDER STATION Map to Endless Map rotation.
- Added HOTEL Map to Endless Map rotation.
- Improved Bloom on the Swamptown Map.
- Improved Lighting on Swamptown Map.
- Added possiblity to adjust UI Scaling.
- Increased Font size in the Tooltips.
- Adjusted several screens to work for higher resolutions.
- Added new Music pieces for the Multiplayer mode, these are much more intense, fitting for the competition!
- Adjusted Footsteps Sounds on all Maps.
- Added Sounds to Multiplayer Lobby, to show the player that an opponent is found.
- Fixed an issue where trying to throw a consumable would sometimes not work and cause a manual target instead.
- Fixed several issues in the Multiplayer matchmaking search.
- Fixed several issues concering crashes when switching game modes.
- Fixed animations of characters clipping.
- Fixed enemies sometimes turning pink at the end of a map.
- Fixed Quit game button in Main Menu.
- Fixed Lifes being shown at barricade for "Hero" and "Warden" challenges.
- Improved Cheat detection algorithms.
- Fixed an issue where starting a new Game sometimes crashes the Main menu.
- Fixed several issues happening in the Season Select Popup.
Version 0.3.2 - Multiplayer Polish & Cheat Detection
- Added capabilities for Seasons and Tournaments
- Added Cheat Detection
- Added ability to "Resign" from a match, instead of just dropping out
- Made first few waves of Endless Balancings much easier, and last waves tougher.
- Multiplayer - increased strength of Jumpy punishment in the first few Rift Plays
- Removed the "Pickpocket Rune" from Multiplayer
- Increased visbility and overview on "Lumberjack" Map
- Increased visbility and overview on "Watermill" Map
- Increased visbility and overview on "Sam´s House" Map
- Increased camera distance and positioning on all Multiplayer map to increase overview.
- Fixed Player Power calculation of Runes
- Fixed weird Depth of Field in Rift and Cemetery Maps.
- Fixed no Orbs dropping in Swamptown
- Added Hover States to Button in Multiplayer Menu
- Adjusted Font Size in Multiplayer Menu
Version 0.3.1 - Multiplayer Improvements
- Reduced XP Gain from Multiplayer maps.
- Increased Hero Levels and Rune quality in Season start account.
- Re-balanced the Swamptown map.
- Increased cost of Academy Upgrades
- Matches won reward - You now get a reward on certain milestones in the Multiplayer (1 Match won, 5 Matches won, etc.)
- Added popup at start of Multiplayer Season to explain it better.
- Added awesome skull to "Player ready button"
Version 0.3.0 - Multiplayer Release
- PvP Multi player released
- Season 01 started - it will go on for a week before the next resetting
- ELO Matchmaking and leader boards released
- 3 Multi player Maps implemented
- Different curtain and fog color in Multiplayer
- We've added functionality to go back to the Main Menu, as well as directly to Multiplayer
- Added symbols to shrines to better differentiate them.
- Added better Feedback for being able to charge your heroes.
- Added better color differentiation in the Wavebar.
Version 0.2.5 - Multiplayer Preparation
- Laid some foundation for the upcoming Multiplayer Release
- Fixed an issue where the Slayer Rank was not shown in the Endless Mode Popup.
- Added a new Map - Chapel.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes only one reward would be given out.
- Fixed positioning of Leaderboards.
- Decreased Jack's Jump shot range.
- Switched Barrow's Freeze chance to be per projectile instead of per attack.
- We've added Error Handling for not having a connection to the Backend Servers. You will now recieve an Error Message for that.
Version 0.2.3 - Endless Mode finished
- Added the HALL OF SLAYERS - a Leaderboard where the players can gather points for each time they finish an endless mode challenge cycle.
- Reduced starting difficulty of Endless Maps.
- Added the "Tower" Map to the Challenge Rotation.
- Fixed Leadboard paging.
- Added pressed and hover states to Academy and Forge UI buttons.
- Fixed "Click to continue" not responding to clicks in Victory creen.
- Fixed the "Back" Button in the Townhall.
- Fixed Projectiles stopping mid air in higher speed and in the endgame.
- Fixed weird looking trails on bolts.
- Fixed very broad Jack projectiles and improved visuals.
Version 0.2.2 - Endless Rewards
- Reward added - at the end of each challenge cycle, rewards are given out based on the ranking of the player.
- Increased Wave Amount to 999.
- Consumable drops are now based on Map Seed, making them the same for everybody.
- Added a new Endless Balancing on the LUMBERJACK Map.
- Champions are now immune to instant kills.
- Decreased start difficulty of Endless Mode.
- Reduced amount of repetition in Hero Voice Overs.
- Added option to set the volume of Hero Voice Overs.
- Added new Sound to the Angry Mob.
- Decreased "klonking" Sound when initizalizing the Wavebar.
- Added Hero de-select ounds.
- Fixed Boss Sequences in Bridge and Watermill Levels.
- Fixed Paging in Endless Leaderboard.
Version 0.2.1 - Endless Mode Leaderboard
- UI was improved so less unecessary space is used.
- Leaderboard for each Endless challenge added. Each Challenge Cycle goes on for 1 Week, then a new one starts.
- Decreased starting difficulty of challenge, to allow people to enter the mode more early.
- Fixed Village Gate hard having 100 Waves.
- Fixed an issue where the Orbs on Hit abilities would not work properly.
- Fixed some small typos in texts.
- Next pass on russian Translation
Version 0.2.0 - New Endless Map
- Added new Map - Cemetary
- Previous Endless Challenges have new Random Wavesets, resetting the Records
- Removed Easter Bunny Runes
- Removed Easter Nests
- Fixed wrong Sprite being shown for green Worldmap Banner.
- Fixed wrong Portrait of the Count being shown on the Worldmap.
- 2D Sounds in User Interface should not be only on one side any longer.
- Wavebar impact sounds are toned down to a more bearable level.
- Fixed Consumable drops in Village Gate Endless Mode.
Version 0.1.9 - Endless Mode
- The Endless Mode is now available from a special button in town.
- There are now three different Endless Mode maps, with different difficulty levels.
- The Endless mode is now locked until the Count has been beaten for the first time.
- Chairlift Insane is a regular map again.
- We are keeping the Easter Event open for another week to give everyone the time to get the achievements.
- Fixed the picture of Count Necrosis on the world map that was accidentally replaced with an older concept art in the last patch.
Version 0.1.8 - HAPPY EASTER
- 16 Easter Nests have been hidden throughout all of the Maps and the Town - find them all for a special Achievement
- Collecting Easter Nests gives you Rune Fragments, that merge into a special seasonal Rune!
- Mimics have been replaced with Easter Bunnies
- Added Saveslots, so players can have multiple Savegames.
- Added Endless Mode on the Chairlift Insane Level - this serves as a first iteration to test Endless wavesets.
- Reduced Duration of Sam's Curse Aura.
- Gold on Hit Abilities now have a limit on how much gold can drop for each creep.
- Added Hover anmiations for Main Menu Buttons.
- Added Tooltips for Main Menu Buttons.
- Fixed that Random Rune results have a weird description
- Fixed Creep Death sounds.
- Fixed Creeps being invisible after being transformed by count necrosis.
- Fixed Mouse cursor being restricted to the game window even if it was not visible.
- Fixed waves not auto-spawning when they were killed in the wrong order.
- Added a preview of the Rune Reward for the selected map.
- Added funtionality that difficulties can be directly select by clicking on the star - clicking the difficulty button below now cycles through the difficulties.
- Added Particle FX for merging.
- Fixed a bug where waves would not enter the map after the timer has run out. Note - This makes the game harder.
- Fixed a bug where Dialogs could get stuck when skipping the Tutorial
- Fixed a bug where Highlights of Maps on the Worldmap could get stuck.
- Fixed a bug where the first difficulty star in the Levelselect would be highlighted.
- Fixed a bug where the levelselect banners would not show the highest completed difficulty.
- Fixed wrong merging of Legendary Runes.
- SKIP TUTORIAL - It is now possible to skip the Tutorial.
- Decreased Ricochet Chance
- Decreased Ricochet Range
- Increased Splash radius from "Splash" Skill
- Increased Splash bonus from "BOOM" Skill
- Decreased Damage dealt by Splinters
- Decreased Damage dealt by Burning
- Increased Detonator Damage
- Decreased Projectile Speed
- Decreased Whirlwind Hits
- Decreased Splinter Damage
- Decreased Chance for Rage
- Fixed a bug where the Heroes deal too much damage after being placed.
- Rune Merge - It is now possible to merge Runes of the same Tier together in the Forge. This will result in a Rune of the next higher tier.
- Added Tooltips for Runes ingame
- "Quit Game" now has a Confirmation popup.
- The various boss sequences in the Manor level are now activated on all difficulties, so players will see every on once.
- The "Hoarder" Achievement is fixed again.
- Improved visuals of Barrows' Aura
- Increased size of bosses.
- Fixed the Shrines on the "Tower" map.
- Border Scrolling can now be disabled in the Options menu.
- The mouse cursor is now locked to the game window when Border Scrolling is active.
- Reduced the number of kills required to get the Spellmaster achievement to 500.
- Fixed a bug where the game would not count the last defeated wave.
- Fixed a bug where the Early Call button would call all waves early.
- Fixed a bug where the next wave would start too early when the previous wave was early called.
- Fixed a bug where the Early Call button could be clicked when there were already two active waves on the field.
- Fixed a bug where the game would stop spawning creeps when all possible creep types were forbidden by the various spawning rules.
- Fixed a bug where Barrows' Freeze ability could freeze the game when its effect expired on a creep that was killed by Wylde's Detonator skill on the same frame.
- Fixed a bug where the Everybody Be Cool achievement would also count creeps that were already slowed before Barrows hit them.
- Fixed a bug where the Auto Deselect On Charge and Deselect Using Menu Hotkey settings in the options menu did not work.
- Fixed a bug where the Forge icon could disappear from the village navbar.
- Made sure that Multiplayer button is not available when playing with Singleplayer account.
- Added checks to prevent various situations in MP Matchmaking where an invalid zombie room would be left over under certain conditions, preventing any other players from finding a match.
- Fixed a bug where the lobby could get into an invalid state when leaving and reopening it after searching for a game.
- Made matchmaking retry automatically when it failed to join a room because another player got there faster.
- It is no longer possible to Early Call waves in multiplayer matches.
- Changed the way boni from skills, runes, auras and shrines are combined. Skills stack additively with each other, the same is true for runes. The skill and rune boni are then combined multiplicatively, as are the boni from auras and shrines.
- Wylde - Increased damage multiplier against werewolves from x3 to x6.
- Wylde - Increased base damage from 15 to 20.
- Jack - Ricochet chance is now rolled per projectile instead of per attack. This means that a single multi-projectile attack can now contain critical hits, ricochet bolts and instant kill bolts.
- Reduced speed of Werewolf boss on Hard and Insane difficulty.
- Increased amount of consumables available on Hard and Insane difficulty.
- Sam's Hut (Medium) - Increased health of zombies by 25%.
- Sam's Hut (Medium) - Reduced regeneration rate of regenerating creeps by 20%.
- Watermill (Medium) - Raised overall difficulty.
- Watermill (Medium) - Reduced number of path changes.
- Bridge (Medium) - Swapped the paths: Skeletons and zombies now spawn on path 2 while Igors and Werewolves spawn on path 1.
Texts / Story
- Added missing texts to Russian translation.
- The yellow path in in Watermill is now properly called "Yellow Path" in the wave announcer popup.
- The camera can now be moved by touching the screen border with the mouse.
- The camera can now be moved with the arrow keys.
- Victory screen animations can now be skipped.
- Added the Hero Defense logo to the main menu screen.
- The colors of rune bags now match the color of the runes you get from them.
- Show hotkeys on character portraits and consumable icons.
- Fixed a bug where the active abilities of creeps would not work under certain conditions. This happened mostly in our multiplayer tests but it might also have happened in singleplayer games.
- Fixed a bug where user Schlimmer Finger would always lose multiplayer matches when playing without a monitor.
- Added mouseover tooltips to many UI elements.
- Moved Angry Mob button to the left side of the screen.
- Jane - Doubled damage multiplier against Igors from 3x to 6x.
- Jane - Increased base damage from 35 to 40.
- Jane - Increased jump range of Jane's Lightning Strike ability.
- Jane - Reduced the damage multiplier of the Gatekeeper skill from 5x-15x to 1.5x-7.5x.
- Watermill – Reduced amount of Path Changes
- Watermill – Removed Red Patch from Wave Set
- Watermill – Added Wylde Shrine
- Watermill – Added Double Damage Shrine
- Bridge – Reduced Amount of Path Changes
- Bridge – Creep Spawning aligned to Path-Colour
- Bridge – Added Barrows Shrine
- Bridge – Added Range Shrine
- Tower – Reduced variety of Creep Types
- Tower – more play-style supporting Path Changes
- Tower – Added Range Shrine
- Tower – Added Double Attack Speed Shrine
- Sam Hain’s Hut – Increased difficulty
- Lumberjack – Increased difficulty
- Watermill – Increased difficulty
- Bridge – Increased difficulty
- All Maps – Heal nerfed
- All Maps – Regeneration nerfed
- Castle – Bosses have less Health and nerfed Heal/Regeneration
- Added two new loading screen hints regarding the Angry Mob because players often forget to use it.
Texts / Story
- Updated the French localization to match the changes to the English texts that were made between the first Alpha and now.
- All achievements have unique icons now.
- Fixed a bug where Jane's Hero Strike started only once she was back on the green character area.
- Fixed a bug where the Coast Guard achievement would not unlock.
- Fixed a bug where you could not cancel a consumable with RMB when it was dragged.
- Fixed a soft-lock that could happen in conjunction with the shrine building tutorial.
- Fixed a bug in the creep spawning code where the wrong creep type probabilities were used for subwaves that spawn on a different path than the main wave.
- This also fixed a bug where creeps would stop spawning.
- The game now uses the language selected on Steam for new players. Existing players still need to change it in the options menu.
- Added localizations for Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese.
- Added a tutorial about how to unlock the first map where you need to collect additional stars.
- Added a tutorial that explains how to build shrines.
- Activated Steam Cloud Saves.
- Added options to configure when characters are deselected.
- The options menu now remembers the last opened page.
- Using multiple Charge Cost Reduction runes on the same character provides diminishing returns to prevent an exploit where you could reduce a character's charge cost to zero.
- The Gold on Hit and Orbs on Hit runes now have an internal cooldown and can trigger only once per 0.5 seconds per character.
- The fourth bank slot no longer is better than the fifth.
- The "New Game" warning popup is now localized.
- Fixed a bug where the challenge flag would be visible for one frame when going to the victory screen.
- Fixed a bug where the game would use a different savegame filename depending on the hardware configuration. This lead to the problem that you would have a different save slot depending on whether you have a usb stick plugged in or not. If the game detects old savegames, it will use the one with the most stars to continue the progress.
- Fixed a bug where clicking on a character would deselect the currently selected one without selecting the character that was clicked.
- Fixed a bug where multiple clicks on character portraits in quick succession would be ignored by the game.
- Fixed a bug where the achievement for upgrading all weapons would not be granted.
- Removed the version number in the bottom right corner because Steam ensures everyone is using the latest version anyway.
- The green highlight of the character area is now shown only briefly when selecting a character instead of staying visible all the time.
Texts / Story
- Fixed some more errors and missing texts in the German translation.
- Fixed a bug where the back button would be invisible while viewing the encyclopedia.
- Fixed a bug where the game would softlock when using the hotkey to select Jack during the Forge tutorial.
- Fixed a bug where hotkeys would trigger on every frame when held down.
- This also fixed the bug where the game would softlock when holding the skip dialog hotkey during the tutorial.
- Fixed a bug in the tutorial where it was possible to move the camera to an invalid position.
This is a hotfix for an error where the game would freeze for new players when opening the Escape menu.
- Added an option to toggle VSync in the options menu.
- Villager houses now show how many villagers are still alive in them.
- The topbar is now visible on the world map.
- Consumables can no longer be bought for gold. You get a fixed amount per level instead.
- You gain XP a lot faster in the beginning at the game.
- You unlock the forge much earlier and get more runes in early levels.
- Bosses drop a lot more gold than before.
- Bank slots no longer have such a massive difference between the first and the last.
- Some waves can drop gold on every creep now.
- Balanced all levels on Medium difficulty.
- Creeps can no longer have both the Fast and Speedup On Hit flavours.
- Characters can no longer shoot at creeps while they are hiding in a tunnel on the Tower map.
Texts / Story
- Fixed a lot of errors and weird wording in the German translation.
- Added some missing Russian translations.
- Shortened some Encyclopedia texts to make sure they fit on one page.
- Health bars are no longer rendered on top of UI elements.
- Barrows' Aura is prettier now.
- The camera moves much more smoothly now.
- You can directly swap runes between weapon sockets in the forge.
- Disabled the Achievements dev UI that appeared when pressing F9 because the store page is live now.
- Fixed a bug where the game could freeze when losing focus.
- Fixed a bug where changing the key bindings in the Options menu would add multiple actions to the same key.
- It is no longer possible to select unsupported resolutions in the options menu.
- Fixed a bug where the consumble UI would not be correctly initialized when restarting a level where you unlocked a new consumable.
- Fixed a bug where heros could be placed on invalid positions in the Lumberjack map.
- Fixed a bug where Jack's third weapon level would not grant a rune slot.
- Fixed a bug where the main menu would not be correctly localized.
- Fixed a bug where the camera might move to an invalid position while the game is not in focus.
- Fixed a bug where creeps would flicker in the Tower map.
- Fixed a bug where the middle mouse button would be treated as a left click.
- Fixed the position of a shrine on the Mines map that was standing on the creep path.
- Fixed a bug where the Escape menu would be rendered over the Credits, potentially causing a softlock.
- Runes have multiple tiers now.
- Added the Bank building where you can trade gold for gems.
- Russian Localization.
- Added Credits button to main menu.
- The game pauses now when you minimize it or switch to another window.
- Disabled French and Spanish for now until we have had the final text changes translated.
- Disabled the Daily Challenge button in the village menu until we get a chance to properly balance them.
- Hero's Strikes are stronger now.
- Major changes to the pricing of buildings, weapons, shrines and rune bags.
- Major changes to the amount of gold and gems you receive in levels and for challenges.
- Creeps no longer get faster when walking downhill and slower when walking uphill.
- Range runes now also increase Aura ranges.
- Increased Barrows' strength against skeletons.
- Made the first few levels a little easier, they were way too difficult.
- Adjusted balancing on all medium difficulty maps up to Tower.
- Count Necrosis can no longer be healed by other creeps.
- Switched to a hardware cursor, this vastly improved the cursor responsiveness.
- Increased the mouse movement threshold when a click is considered to be a drag.
- Added a confirmation popup to the New Game button.
- You can exit all buildings and submenus with Escape now.
- You can now open the Options menu on the World Map and in the Village with the Escape key.
- Characters are no longer deselected after moving them (you may have to delete your HauntedIsland.ini for this change to take effect).
- Victory Screen reward popups now say "Click to Continue".
- Fixed some graphical issues with the new fog in some levels.
- Fixed some graphical issues with health bars in combination with the new fog.
- Added multiple visible tiers of coin drops, depending on the size of the stack.
- Better fonts and some minor tweaks for the options menu.
- Added a new intro animation.
- Fixed some graphical glitches with the intro and outro animations of Manor.
- Fixed some graphical glitches with Count Necrosis' death animation.
- Sam's and Jane's introductions are cooler now.
- Fixed a bug where the game would hang in the Victory/Defeat Screen.
- Fixed a bug in Sam's and Wylde's targeting AI that could cause creeps to be rendered as walking towards the villager house while actually walking straight towards the barricade when Sam or Wylde were standing near the path junction.
- Fixed a bug where the UI would disappear when trying to buy a rune pack you can't afford.
- Fixed a bug where you would not unlock the shrine building feature.
- Fixed a bug where Count Tooth would not teleport away just before reaching the barricade in Mines, making the level way more difficult than intended.
- Fixed a bug where the difficulty indicator would vastly overestimate your strength if you haven't unlocked all characters yet.
- Fixed a bug where completed challenges would not be saved and/or displayed.
- Fixed a bug where you would not receive the reward for completing the Tower Defense challenge.
- Fixed a bug where you would not receive achievements for completing challenges.
- Fixed a bug where you would not receive achievements for winning specific maps (He Is Here, The Father, Family Heritage).
- Fixed a number of issues that could be caused by the Skip Dialog hotkey.
- The "Throw Fire Bombs" tutorial now disappears right after you throw the fire bomb and no longer waits until the creep is dead.
- Moved Boss sequence in Pumpkins hut to proper Wave.
- Fixed a bug where the first wave would spawn immediately in levels where a character is already placed by default.
- Fixed a couple of issues where the dark background layer for tutorials etc. would not correctly scale with all resolutions.
- Fixed a bug where the Forge would be highlighted when it shouldn't be.
- Added a new Options Menu where you can configure key bindings and graphics settings.
- Added a Main Menu with an option to start a new game.
- Added Steam Achievements.
- Added fancy new weather effects.
- Added Depth of Field and Bloom.
- Added a new mouse cursor.
- Removed lock to 30 FPS
- You can now see the next rune a character will activate even if you can't upgrade that character yet.
- Increased the movement threshold when clicks are detected as drags. This should make it easier to click on characters in hectic situations.
- Re-balanced the campaign version of Tower and Manor.
- Fixed a bug where level select popup - "Play!" text was missing when not having earned any star on a map yet.
- Fixed a bug where the character portrait UI would still display as upgradable even if you don't have enough orbs.
- Fixed a bug where the "Loading..." indicator in the result screen would never disappear if the game is already done loading when the loading indicator appears.
- Fixed a bug where the consumable UI would not be correctly initialized when restarting a map.
- Fixed scaling of some UIs on 4k monitors.
- Fixed some missing localization tags.
- Fixed some masking issues in the Encyclopedia.
- Adjusted camera blockers so that the Consumable UI no longer hides the path in Chapel and Border Station.
- Steam Integration
- Gold is collected automatically by hovering over it.
- You can select characters in the Forge and Academy using their hotkeys.
- The Play button in the level select screen now says "Play".
- Changed the Dialog of Jane and Wylde to be less greedy.
- The tutorial now explains the PC controls.
- Fixed a bug where the game would soft-lock when Doctor Amalgam was killed by Wylde's Detonator ability.
- Fixed a bug where consumables would be deselected when picking up gold.
- Fixed a bug where consumable spheres would stick around in the level after the consumable is activated.
- Fixed Popup not being hidden in Forge Intro.
- Fixed performance issue when collecting large amounts of gold.
- Fixed various bugs where hotkeys could be used when they should be locked.
- You can now select the language from the Options menu.
- The game always uses your native desktop resolution now. You will be able to control it again once we have finished implementing our graphics options menu.
- Barrows' Splash effect now looks so cool that it freezes the ground.
- Re-balanced most of the early campaign levels. Should feel much smoother and more interesting now.
- Every campaign level will grant you a Rune the first time you beat it.
- Animations for characters and Angry Mob no longer play twice as fast as they should.
- Start screen no longer says "tap screen to start". We don't want your monitor to have dirty fingerprints all over.
- Loading screen icons are now scaled correctly.
- Fixed a bug where UIs would not reposition correctly when changing the resolution.
Hotfix Release: Fixes a bug that prevented the game from starting on some systems.
- Improved Shooting Range visualization
- Skill that is introduced in Village Introduction is now "Armor Pierce"
- Camera centering is much faster.
- Probability Bars in Rune Bag Buy screen fixed
- Angry Mob is now visible again.
- The game no longer has to be restarted to change Input schemes
- Possible Softlock in second Level fixed
- Two control schemes to chose from, available via Options menu.
- All characters and creeps are now in higher resolution and framerate.
- Higher resolution textures for Village, World Map and Village Gates.
- Resolution Dialog is hidden by default. Hold Shift while starting the game to open it.
- Fixed a bug where a single click could trigger multiple actions. Now you will no longer move a character when you manually target a creep, even if both actions are on the same mouse button.
- Fixed a bug where random-generated creeps would never have Abilities
- Fixed a bug where surviving villagers in an Angry Mob would not be reclaimed if the game ends before they reach the end of the path.
- Fixed a bug where the number of stars would be incorrectly displayed as 0.
- Fixed a bug where Sam Hain's Curse aura and Barrows' auras would not be affected by Range runes, Range shrines and their respective character-specific shrines.
- Fixed a bug where Doctor Amalgam's Heal on Death ability would not fully heal all creeps in the game.
- Fixed a bug with Doctor Amalgam's death animation.
New Control Scheme
We want to try a new control scheme with this version that is inspired by RTS games: All actions are triggered with the left mouse button. The right mouse button deselects the currently active action. We switched camera movement to the middle mouse button so that you don't accidentally move a character or activate a consumable when you want to move the camera.
In detail, this means:
- Characters are now moved with left click.
- Consumables are now triggered with left click.
- Right click deselects the currently selected hero or consumable.
- Camera is moved by dragging with the middle mouse button.
- You can press C to charge the currently selected character.
- You can press X to toggle between x1 and x2 game speed
- You can press Space to center the camera on the selected character.
- Fixed a bug where Wylde's Detonator skill could stack, making him ridiculously overpowered.
- Fixed a bug where the Town Hall bonus would not be applied to the Angry Mob.
- Fixed a bug where the Angry Mob strength was computed incorrectly when used on a boss with summoned creeps.
- Fixed a bug where the Angry Mob would run through a boss.
- Fixed another bug where you could select a character with hotkeys when you were not supposed to.
- Fixed a bug where the Academy building would disappear after upgrade level 10.
- Fixed a bug where the tutorial hand was displaced.
- All Levels are now playable
- You can now buy Rune Booster Packs in the Forge
- Fixed a bug where you could select characters when they should be locked for a challenge.
- Fixed a bug where weapon upgrades would not grant you additional rune slots
First released Alpha version.